Commit to Fit!
Now more than ever, fitness is important for both dogs and people. The most commonly recommended exercise to improve fitness is walking. Walking is considered a safe activity that improves muscular strength, circulation, memory, weight loss, increases energy, helps with sleep, and reduces stress.
Join The Local Dog Gang for a Community Hike!
- 60 minutes of hiking with humans and dogs
- This is a mobile "ask the trainer" event, so bring your dog, your dog training questions, and get ready to enjoy the day!
- Registration is free, however we'll be collecting cash donations for one of our local favs, Shelter from the Storm. I'll double whatever you donate, so let's give thanks to this wonderful shelter this November!
- We'll ask that dogs who need a little extra space wear a RED bandana, so we can assure safety and comfort for all!
Saturday, November 2nd 12:00 pm
Meet at Badger Prairie Park (Verona)
Saturday, November 16th 12:00 pm
Meet at Olbrich Park (Lakeland Ave)
Become an Official AKC Fit Dog!
You can order your free magnet when you and your dog have met one of these fitness goals:
- Walked at least 30 minutes 5 times per week for a total of at least 150 minutes per week for at least 3 months. For dogs and people in good shape.
- Walked at least 15 minutes per session at least 10 times per week (e.g., two 15-min walks per day) for at least 3 months. For dogs or people who would benefit from a walk that is a shorter duration, e.g., senior dogs.